Thursday, May 12, 2011

Books.

What do I think about books?
I like books and I enjoy reading. The good thing about them is that I get a lot smarter and I learn new words. I like stories, what are kind of like based on my life. For example if there's a teenage girl, who talks about her life and what exiting and embarrissing has happened, I feel like I'm not the only one :) Just now I am reading a book "Girl, 15, Flirt For England" and it is very funny, so I always laugh when I think something is funny and I just can't stop reading.
I think, that everybody should read books, so I'm very thankful for my Estonian teacher, for giving us so good books to read. And reading is something good to do while you're riding with a bus, being bored in a plane or before going to sleep. I think so far I have read about 50 or more books, but my mom said, that when she was little she read every single book, what was in the school library.
What do I not like about books, is when someone writes a book about their life and they just talk how good their life is and it's like they're trying to make us feel bad, like Justin Bieber's book "Justin Bieber: First Step 2 Forever: My Story". I mean he's only 17 and he really has nothing to talk about. And I don't like it, when a book has no meaning. I think every good book should have a thought in it and we should learn from it.
Aleksandra.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aleksandra,

    It has been very interesting to get to know your views on books. Your writing skills are very good and it makes it a very fluent read!

    For expressions, please remember this one:
    bussiga sõitma - ride a bus (there is no preposition).

    For spelling, you can take note of this one: piinlik - embarrAssing

    As to answering the questions, you have answered questions # 1, 2, 3 (95%), 4 (95%). You have not answered the 5th question. Your score for this part of the task: 8/10.

    As for the words that you had to use from the wordlist ("Use at least 5 words from the list that we discussed and wrote down during the class. Make these words bold."), I couldn't see you use or mark any of these words in bold. Your score for this part of the task: 0/5)

    Your total score for this task as of now: 8/15 - 53%.

    PS Aleksandra, if you are up to it, I would like to hear more about your experience in reading books in English. You can make it part of your English learning at school as well, and get a bonus grade for it!

    ReplyDelete